About the LEAP Program
This site was produced by the staff of the MacColl Center for Health Care Innovation at Kaiser Permanente Washington Health Research Institute. Major contributing authors for the text included Ed Wagner, Clarissa Hsu and Brian Austin. We would like to especially thank DeAnn Cromp, Sarah McDonald and Julie Reardon for their contribution in collecting and organizing the resources for the site.
We would also like to thank the three co-editors who worked with us in the early stages of this sites’ development, and contributed not only to the text but also to the organization of the content. They are:
- Tom Bodenheimer, MD, MPH Professor, Family & Community Medicine, University of California, San Francisco
- Lisa Letourneau, MD, MPH, Executive Director, Maine Quality Counts
- Carolyn Shepherd, MD, former Chief Medical Officer, Clinica Family Health Services
The PCT-LEAP Project and the MacColl Center
Funded by The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, “The Primary Care Team: Learning From Effective Ambulatory Practices” or LEAP, was designed to identify, study, and engage exemplar primary care practices from across the United States that are using their workforce creatively. This website is the product of that work, and we are pleased to make all of the content freely accessible for primary care practices to learn from and adapt for their uses.
The LEAP Program is co-directed by Ed Wagner, MD, MPH, and Margaret Flinter, PhD, APRN, and based in the MacColl Center for Health Care Innovation at Kaiser Permanente Washington Health Research Institute (KPWHRI). For more than 20 years MacColl has supported the transformation of health care delivery through innovative research, model development, training and technical assistance. KPWHRI has over twenty years of experience in translating research into practice change.
The PCT-LEAP Project’s National Advisory Committee
We would like to thank the members of our National Advisory Committee, whose hard work and thoughtful insights made this project possible.
- Tom Bodenheimer, MD, MPH (NAC Chair) - UCSF Department of Family & Community Medicine
- Marjorie Godfrey, MS, RN - The Dartmouth Institute for Health Policy & Clinical Practice
- Carlos Jaen, MD, PhD - UT Health Science Center
- Lisa Letourneau, MD - Maine Quality Counts
- Nitzali Rivera, LPN - Union Square Family Health Center
- Marie Schall - Institute for Healthcare Improvement
- Carolyn Shepherd, MD - Leibig-Shepherd, LLC
- Elaine Skoch, RN - Health System Redesign Solutions
- Donna Thompson, MS, RN - Access Community Health Network
- Jurgen Unutzer, MD - University of Washington